Friday, March 03, 2006

Religious? DON'T SUPPORT WAR!!!!!!


Would your Jesus Christ consent to dropping even a single bomb?
I've come off pretty hard against alot of you religious types on this site and many others. There's alot of you, just as there are alot of us who don't subscribe to any organized religion.

I don't want to 'us' versus 'you' this topic. I think divisions beget nothing but more divisions.

I'm legitimately worried about the state of the world right now, and I think part of the tinderbox that could rage out of control is people in power manipulating the faiths of Muslim and Christians alike to do all manner of awful things. It's happened before and is poised to happen again if we let it. Where does that leave those of us who do not participate in an organized religion but will be stuck with the same violence and anarchy? Call it the 'End of Times' if you like, or the Rapture or what-have-you, but I want no part of it.

Be religious if you want to, and I'm sorry for calling you all a bunch of NUTS. But hey, prove me wrong! PLEASE! Help stop Mankind from descending into an allout World War! How? Here's a few ideas.

1) Do not back War, War-mongering Presidents or War-mongering Political Parties and tell your constituents not to back War, War-mongering Presidents or War-mongering Political Parties. If you are a Pastor or an upstanding member of your community then you have a position of power - in that a sector of your community listens to you. Put that towards Peace, not War.
I'm not saying convert to the D party, I don't care how people vote, but we learned in the last elections that the Relgious vote carries alot of weight, and if such a constituency voices a strong denunciation of War than any political party, Democrat or Republican will have to listen! To you and yours, Pastor!

You KNOW Jesus would never condone to the dropping of a single bomb, Pastor, you know this. Not the Christ I read of when I attended church growing up. If anything, that's the way of Old Scratch himself, and I think you know that too. (and by the way, I don't believe in the Devil or that he walks the Earth in the guise of Man, but if I did I would have no doubt that we are watching him everyday on the American Media, trumpeting War and Hatred and We're Better Than Them and Blind Patriocy and the President Can Do Whatever He Wants. It's probably that Fiend, O'Reilly!).

2) establish contact and communication with Muslim religious leaders. You don't have to go over there, it can start right at home and on the internet. And don't fight with one another, talk. Work towards coexistence. Both are supposed to be peaceful religions, that is a great start for commonality. See if there are other commonalities.

3) If you're gonna preach real Love and true Tolerance than by all means, PREACH IT! And I'm not talking about regurgitating scripture, I'm talking about the real deal Pastor, I'm talking about from your HEART, towards the betterment of all Man, not just the one's who follow your specific beliefs or fall within a moral spectrum! Preach togetherness, not more division! Preach it as loud as you can, and MEAN IT! The world NEEDS it, RIGHT NOW more than EVER before! I promise you, do this and though your God is not mine, you will have my full support, and I stand shoulder to shoulder with you in your cause.

If you increase the divisions that exist today and hasten us down the path of destruction then I truly hope your Hell exists, for that is where you will end up and you will deserve it.
Believe that Man has the power to stop the Rapture, or watch it all burn.

-SenseChange

RandomMP3age: "Nothing Else Matters" by Orchestral Metallica

No comments: