Monday, April 16, 2007

Yossarian Lament: Go to Mars, Not Iraq


We’ll need war only so long as we believe it to be an inescapable component of the human condition. It isn’t. Not anymore. Many nations with nukes means we lose the evolution game. Intelligence, the advantage that preserved us to the position of ultimate power on earth ends up destroying us, making the whole of human experience little more than a catch 22. Which is, of course, madness! I want no truck with it! I suspect you war people want to kill me! And everybody else! Worse yet, I suspect you want to kill yourselves, even! Bloody nutcases, the lot of you!

I want to know when we’re going to get serious not only about fixing the mess but designing this world, this civilization of ours to accommodate people of all races and geographic locations using clean, fully safe and sustainable energy. The blood of dead dinosaurs have sustained us to the point where we will raze other nations to rubble for control over it. It’s well established that Mankind does not have a great history of sharing rare things with one another, and in light of this we have to recognize that it is far past time to utilize the very energy that all matter in the universe is made from. Make it safe. Make it available. You can. You’ve done so much else. Right? Of course you have.

I want to know when we get serious about actually colonizing both Mars and the Moon. That’s the reality tv I’m interested in. And I’m not talking about sending Gary Coleman up there or anything, I’m talking about the real deal. Genuine top-drawer ExtraTerrestroNauts. Get those assholes from American Idol on the horn, I’m bloody serious, man! Bet we could get a pretty good scene up there on the moon (next stop, Mars!) for far less than the cost of Iraq Deux alone. Sad but true. Am I wrong? By how much? You figure it would have to be an international venture? Of course! Shouldn’t all things? Isn’t it necessary to avoid this tired ‘my backyard versus yours’ mentality that has ruled our relations amongst one another for for centuries of war and inequality?

ExtraTerrestroNauts. ETNs? Sure. A ring to it. Can’t be cosmonauts til we get past the range of the Sun, OneForce tells me, but also likes the ring of the ETN thing. Go to Mars, not Iraq, that's what the Flaming Lips said and who knows better than them?

Alright, enough for now. Straighten up you filthy swabs, get yer shit together!

-iSenseChange

NonRandomMP3age: "Change" by Blind Melon

No comments: