Saturday, December 16, 2006

Canto IV – Evils Past and Present

I’d hoped, like the news, to be unbiased and fair
And I want you to know that I desperately care
So am I unjustly dragging the Bush name through the mud?
Well, that name ain’t so pure, in fact evil’s in his blood
But don’t take it from me, Citizens, take it from the Record
The Bush family past is quite heavily checkered!
Here’s a genuine evil tale, hideous yet true
'Bout Granpappy Prescott Bush during World War Two.

‘Brown Brothers Harriman,’ financed Hitler at war
A banking company truly rotten to the core
A company to which Pappy Prescott belonged
And when the US intervened he felt grieviously wronged
They shut down the Union Bank with a new law, it’s true,
Called the ‘Trading with the Enemy Act’ in 1942.
This Bank sold pig-iron and explosives to the Nazi hoard.
Prescott Bush, Bushie’s Grampy, was Chairman of the Board.

One might think a new law from the President enough
But not for old Pappy Bush, who simply said “tough!
There’s money in War, take it now or it’s gone
What does it matter on whose side I’m on?”
So he kept profiteering on the blood of his own
Hiding money for all of the Nazis he’d known
Hiding secrets from his country must've been lots of fun
Cuz he kept trading with the enemy until 1951.

I know what you’re saying, that I’m some kind of nut
That I’m pulling this story, the facts from by butt,
I’m a conspiracy nut or a lie-telling Rat
But sorry dear friends, that’s not quite where it’s at.
For the facts of this Canto, I am totally in debt
To America’s oldest paper, ‘ The New Hampshire Gazette.’
The facts were checked out and for truth twas said yes
By both the National Guardian and the Associated Press

Facts are facts friends, and should be no surprise
That the Bush family name is full of murder and lies.
Why not Bushies Grampy making money from wars?
No different from his grandson and the rest of the Whores
That make up the PNAC and the Neo Con Right
Who make money each day that the soldiers go fight!
Which is why John Loftus had perfectly good reason
To say Pappy Bush, like his grandson, should've been tried for Treason.

You might ask yourself “why of this I’ve not heard?”
To your mind it’s abhorrent, disgusting, absurd!
“I watch C.N.N. ” you say, “how can it be?
How have I never seen any of this on t.v.?
From the pundits, the experts, the internet polls?”
Well you’re spoon-fed ‘reality’ that’s loaded with holes
Created for all by the good folks at the News,
With no trace of bias and the purest of views.

No comments: